• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Urara Meirochō's Harikamo Launches New Manga on June 14

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MiniMarps

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I honestly consider Urara Meirocho to be one of the most underrated manga I have ever read. (JC Staff’s weak anime adaptation probably has a lot to do with that, though in fairness to them the main meat of the story didn’t even really start until after the point where the adaptation ends off at – 12 episodes was never going to be enough to do right by the source material.) I hope things go well and that this new series can end up serving as some level of vindication for Harikamo, and fans of their previous work.
Yune Amagiri

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Finally she comes back! I was looking forward to new work from her after the end of Urara's manga but after all these years I had kind of lost hope, it's a pity she isn't staying in Houbunsha, This company ( especially their Kirara magazine series ) is in dire need of some good new flagship mangas at the moment, I can't stop thinking that for a while now , they only reason they managed to stay above water is thanks to their long-running big title.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Cats! Can't beat that.
MiniMarps

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 1:12 am Reply with quote
Yune Amagiri wrote:
it's a pity she isn't staying in Houbunsha, This company ( especially their Kirara magazine series ) is in dire need of some good new flagship mangas at the moment, I can't stop thinking that for a while now , they only reason they managed to stay above water is thanks to their long-running big title.

Yeah, Kirara needs some new blood. They have Bocchi the Rock, which counts for a lot, but Hidamari Sketch and GochiUsa both seem to be approaching their conclusions, and Machikado Mazoku can’t really be relied upon, given the unfortunate circumstances of its creator. I think what happened is they were counting on Hoshikuzu Telepath becoming a blockbuster for them, but when that didn’t happen they kinda got stuck in limbo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1